LS 589 - My class this semester has us thinking about technology in the school library and coming up with technology plans. I am frustrated with our tech department however they were the ones who said ok let's get the ball rolling and find an automation system that meets the needs for us (not the best) and one that they will not have to manage.
Anyways, I don't feel that any technology ideas would be seen as good ideas coming from the school librarians. I could be wrong however in my perception but they run what they think is needed as far as tech classes instead of what I was used to. In the school I worked in previously we worked hand in hand with the tech department. I would fix minor things that needed fixed and if anything was wrong that I could not fix I would then fill out the tech dept. form and notify them. We had meetings together and discussed new technology. I held my own technology workshops and shared with teachers new software. This mind you was several years ago and I am now anxious to see how things are working but I extremely liked how we worked together for the common goal of integrating technology into the schools!
On a side note I have a couple blogs that I follow that I collect ideas and save bookmarks in case I ever get that rare occasion and am able to offer tech help to my fellow teachers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment