Wednesday, October 2, 2013

LS589 - week 6
Wow the weeks seem to be flying by. This week is extremely crammed with way to much going on. As a librarian I get to go to school and represent twice this week at our Family activity nights which are our "open house" nights. I have had one meeting night and tonight was a great reception for my husband's work.

The week itself as far as teaching has been pretty good. I have begun showing my students the library website that I have been working on and recently updated with a newer look and gave it a shorter web address so that I can have students actually remember it instead of the huge long address it used to have. It is now an easy one to remember it is bit.ly/mcslib ~ which I know I can remember easier!

I have added grade level pages and our new OPAC system is linked there too! I am excited to send my students to the website now and this is going to be our starting point for all research using the 8 new Google Chrome books we have to use this year!!!

How fitting that this weeks discussion is on websites as I have started this introduction to use at my school. I will make some minor adjustments but everything seems to be going pretty good so far! My students seem to like it and are able to maneuver around! I'll be putting it to the test with a scavenger hunt in the next few weeks and call tell more then! We can't forget to use assessment pieces in whatever we are working on anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment